Draw portraits in charcoal that capture the life force and likeness
About CourseThis course is not about techniques or methods that take years of practice. But what I show you will transform your approach to drawing portraits (and whatever else you want to draw)
- I will help you to get the right attitude to drawing.
- The physical aspects and how they impact on your work.
- How proper observation is the key to everything and the most important tool an artist has.
- I will show you how to quickly capture the positions of the key elements and techniques to speed up, and loosen up the way you work.
- There are 3 demonstrations where I show you full process and you can download the reference and draw with me.
- I’ll also show you how I capture more natural reference images
The only tools you will need are charcoal, some cartridge paper and a putty rubber.
What Will I Learn?
- The importance of having the right attitude
- Why how you physically draw matters
- The importance of visual and emotional observation
- How to quickly register the elements of the face
- How to capture what's important
- Speed up your drawing process
- How to capture more natural reference images
Topics for this course